Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Better range

Quote Originally Posted by GBBR_man View Post
    Sorry but i disagree on range and i have a gun to challenge that....despite being a spring powered shotgun running 270fps it will easily hit 45 meters accuratly.
    Have you tried it at 350 fps though?
    Like I said previously, we've all probably experienced a 'low' fps gun out-ranging one running close to 350.
    My 260fps MP7 constantly surprised me by just how far it could reach, although most long-range hits weren't felt by the target
    However, as I also mentioned, all other things being equal (and in the same gun), a higher fps will give more range.
    That of course depends on getting the hop performing equally well at the higher fps.
    Help rid the Airsoft world of tamiya plugs, they have no right to be on anything more powerful than a Duracell bunny!
    Deans plugs; they should really be blue, and have a little 'V' stamped on them...

I have a shed loads of experimental and theory in the science on how a BB flies through the air. Without going into too much detail (may start a new thread on it) there is a natural maximum range for airsoft guns which does increase with range and BB weight (provided your hop is suitable for both) but is subject to the laws of diminishing returns ie the more you do the less you get.

As correctly pointed out earlier consistency is key as it lets you aim, which is rarely taken into account (shooters skill is one of the most important factors in this). Basically a few basic upgrades are:
    - decent hop unit and rubber combination (Tokyo Marui is one of the best for this)
    - 6.03mm or 6.04mm tightbore
    - As consistent fps as possible
    - Good quality BB's (experiment with weight to find the best match)

Beyond this we are approaching experimental hop rubbers and nubs, calculating air flow in order to reduce turbulence etc which I can explain but really are beyond any other than the most dedicated DMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Have you tried it at 350 fps though?
    Id like to but no one i have found makes an upgraded spring for them (its a weird spring) so untill they do i wont be able to up the fps. Im also reliably informed getting them back together is a pain in the proverbial so im not in any hurry to.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - Gameplay, how tos and more.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I have a shed loads of experimental and theory in the science on how a BB flies through the air. Without going into too much detail (may start a new thread on it) there is a natural maximum range for airsoft guns which does increase with range and BB weight (provided your hop is suitable for both) but is subject to the laws of diminishing returns ie the more you do the less you get.

As correctly pointed out earlier consistency is key as it lets you aim, which is rarely taken into account (shooters skill is one of the most important factors in this). Basically a few basic upgrades are:
    - decent hop unit and rubber combination (Tokyo Marui is one of the best for this)
    - 6.03mm or 6.04mm tightbore
    - As consistent fps as possible
    - Good quality BB's (experiment with weight to find the best match)

Beyond this we are approaching experimental hop rubbers and nubs, calculating air flow in order to reduce turbulence etc which I can explain but really are beyond any other than the most dedicated DMR.

Just for reference - I taught George everything he knows!

hehe...!

R.I.F.T. Airsoft ANTI CHEAT AWARENESS!
    Cheats RUIN Other People's Day! Don't Do It!

We have individual Facebook Pages for Each Site!
    Tony's Facebook Page
    COMS SITE 3 Facebook Page
    The BOMB DUMP Facebook Page
    The VILLAGE (Hertfordshire) Facebook Page
    The RIDGE (Near LUTON) Facebook Page
    REDCON-2 (Abingdon) Facebook Page

Subscribed Member
    Systema do springs that fit Masadas
    M110 = 365 fps aprox varies gun to gun

Quote Originally Posted by Baddbaz View Post
    Systema do springs that fit Masadas
    M110 = 365 fps aprox varies gun to gun
    The spring in my Winchester is like no other airsoft spring ive seen. Its fairly stiff to cock as it is so im leaving it as it is for now.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - Gameplay, how tos and more.